We love cake. Do you love cake? Don’t answer. It’s rhetorical, because everybody loves cake. So, for the love of cake we’ve decided to start a monthly #DenvirBakes day, when the Denvirites treat each other to their best bakes, and we treat you to the recipes to try at home. You. Are. Welcome!
First up (bravely) was our newest Denvirite Jen, and to quote ol’ Brucey “Didn’t she do well”.
Below is the recipe for Jen’s Double Chocolate Brownies with Fresh Raspberries.
Making them at home? Share your efforts on social with #DenvirBakes. We can’t wait to see your amazing bakes!
– 120g dark chocolate
– 50g milk chocolate
– 125g pack salted butter
– 200g soft light brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 70g plain flour
– 30g cocoa powder
– 200g raspberries
– Baking tray
– Gently melt chocolate, sugar, and butter in a pot, and mix together.
– Crush half the raspberries and stir them in.
– Slowly sieve in the flour and cocoa powder, bit by bit, combining well as you go.
– Add the eggs one at a time and combine.
– Pour the mixture onto greased baking tray and add the remaining raspberries on top. These will sink into the mixture as it bakes.
– Bake at 180C for 25 minutes.
– Let cool (if you have the will power) and enjoy!