Following on from Jen’s Double Chocolate Brownies with Raspberries, our next #DenvirBakes day sticks with a (very) chocolatey theme, as this month our Senior Client Manager Sammy treated us to her decadent Galaxy Chocolate and Malteser Tray Bake.[pause while chocolaholics slow their heart-rate…]
And the best bit?…This one is a quick and easy win if you’ve got lots of sweet-toothed guests to satisfy, or for those times you remember last minute that you’re the one bringing dessert. So without further delay, here is the recipe for Sammy’s, yes-you-read-it-right-the-first-time, Galaxy Chocolate and Malteser Tray Bake.
Ingredients: (serves 6-8)
– 100g butter
– 200g galaxy chocolate
– 225g digestive biscuits (finely crushed)
– 225g Maltesers
– 3 tablespoons golden syrup
– Greaseproof paper
– Large pot
– Baking tray
– 50g white chocolate (optional)
– Melt together the butter, chocolate, and syrup in a pot.
– Add the crushed digestive biscuits and the Maltesers (keep a few for decoration).
– Mix together quickly then pour into a lined baking tray and pop the extra Maltesers on top.
– Chill in the fridge until set, about 2hrs is usually plenty.
– For a special touch drizzle with some melted white chocolate.